High School Holiday Card Art Contest
***DEADLINE EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 3rd
Donor Network West is proud to present the 2021 High School Holiday Card Art Contest to help raise awareness about organ, eye and tissue donation. High school students from across northern California and northern Nevada are invited to share their creative gifts by designing an original holiday card depicting this year’s theme:
Light the Way. Be a Beacon of Hope.
Four winners will be selected. The first place winner will have their artwork featured as the 2021 Donor Network West holiday card and win $500! Each winning student’s teacher will also win $100 gift card.
There are more than 100,000 people waiting for a life-saving organ transplant across the United States. 1,900 of those waiting are children. Just one donor can save up to 8 lives through organ donation and heal another 75 through tissue donation. You can be a beacon of hope by registering as an organ donor and sharing your decision with your family and friends. Learn more about the impact of donation.
- Art must be submitted online (or postmarked if you are submitting by mail) by Sunday, October 3, 2021 (11:59 p.m. PST)
- Winners will be announced on Friday, October 29, 2021
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $400
- 3rd Place: $300
- Social Media Fave: $100
*All teachers of winning students receive a $100 gift card
Submission and Judging Guidelines:
- Artwork must be the original design of the contestant and will not be returned
- Artwork can be submitted on paper (8.5 x 11) or digitally (8.5 x 11 at 300 DPI as a JPG, PDF, or TIFF)
- Only one submission per contestant is allowed
- Examples of submissions eligible for the contest include: painting, drawing, and digital/computer-generated graphic design entries
- Donor Network West reserves the right to display, publish, and make submissions available to the public
- We no longer use the green ribbon as the symbol of organ and tissue donation
- The holiday card design should appeal to all faiths and ethnicities
- The 1st place design will be showcased as the Donor Network West company holiday card and distributed as a gift to charitable contributors
Entries will be judged on creativity, visual impact, artistic merit, and originality by Donor Network West staff. Students can refer to our website, Donor Network West, or content on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for additional background information and context.
Art must incorporate the theme “Light the Way. Be a Beacon of Hope.” in some fashion.
For any questions or inquiries, please email [email protected].
About the High School Holiday Card Art Contest
High school student artists use their creative gifts for good in Donor Network West’s holiday card art contest. Held annually in the fall, this youth initiative provides mission-minded students with a platform to use their artistic talent to promote health, healing, and advocacy. High school students throughout Donor Network West’s service area of northern California and northern Nevada submit artwork that embodies the life-saving gift of organ and tissue donation. The contest features several art mediums and offers monetary prizes to students and their instructors. The first-place winner’s artwork is featured on Donor Network West’s holiday card.
1st Place Winner
Olivia B., Montevista High School
2nd Place Winner
Ada L., James Logan High School
3rd Place Winner
Erin R., San Mateo High School